Wednesday 29 February 2012

A WALK BY THE RIVER WEAVER & TRENT & MERSEY CANAL

The theme of my blog is Journeying. I invite you to share some of my journeys.

 Tonight I invite you to join me on one of my favourite walks along the River Weaver & Trent & Mersey Canal. 

Our walk starts at the Swing Bridge at Acton near Northwich.


As we walk along the river bank we see a heron standing at the side of the river
He sees us and takes off
 
We pass Dutton Locks
 We notice a train on the Viaduct at Dutton
Hello Swan
(Do you remember the tongue twister in an earlier blog)

Our walk takes us over the old white bridge
Through the fields we go, up the hill passing the old woods

Eventually we arrive at the canal 
Daylight dies as we wend our way along the canal towards home


No fishermen tonight
Our path takes us back through the fields
Down once again to the River Weaver











And home once more

I hope you enjoyed your walk with me. Come again.





No comments:

Post a Comment