Sunday 29 January 2012

THOUGHTS AT CLOSE OF DAY 29 JANUARY

Have you had a good weekend? I wonder where you have been and what you have been doing. If you have followed my previous blogs you will see we have been out and about. Yesterday we visited Trentham Gardens near Stoke and enjoyed a walk through the wintery gardens and lunch in the pleasant restaurant of the Garden Centre. This morning we joined in worship at The Hurst Methodist Church in Kingsley and this afternoon visited two more garden centres, this time Sycamore Garden Centre and Burley Dam Nurseries near Little Sutton. The weather has been bright but cold. I managed to replace the cover for my windscreen which mysteriously disappeared earlier last week.

The hymn books we are currently using at the chapel are called Singing the Faith and contain many hymns I have yet to learn.  I have chosen one for tonight by John Bell who seems to have written quite a few hymns. I hope you like the words:

Now that evening falls,
gently fades the light;
moon replaces sun
and day takes leave of night.

Gratitude we raise,
for the day that's done
and for what, tomorrow,
waits to be begun.

Gladly we commit
to God's gracious care
those we love and long for,
those whose lives we share.

Glory be to God,
glory to God's Son,
glory to the Spirit
ever three in one.
(John L Bell)


I am off to listen to Radio 2 now, Sunday Half Hour will be on at 8.30 p.m. one of my favourite programmes. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment