Sunday 1 July 2012

UPDATE FROM LITTLE GREY RABBIT

Hello, I hope you are all well. It has been very wet this weekend but the sun did manage to show itself occasionally. Yesterday it was the carnival in Kingsley and there were many scarecrows positioned around the village. Today we had a celebration at our local Methodist Chapel, our oldest member had her 102nd birthday this week and a special lunch was held for her today.

My rambling roses are a real show at present, Rambling Rector and Pauls Himalayan Musk are very prolific, I hope to put some photos on the blog later this week.

Last weekend we held a large book sale at the chapel and I have spent most of the past week delivering surplus books to local charity shops as it was decided not to store any in the gallery any longer.

I can't think of any more news now. If anyone from the walking week at Treloyhan Manor reads this and knows Edna's telephone number or email please let me know as she kindly sent me some photos via email but I inadvertently deleted them and wasn't able to reply to her as I didn't have her address or phone number.

I finish tonight with the first verse of a hymn I have come across in my new hymn book:

Thanks for friends who keep on loving
finding ways to help us grow;
celebrating our achievements,
sharing in our pain and woe.
God is glimpsed where love is faithful;
mirrored here in time and space
Thanks to God for friends who love us;
Christ revealed in every face.

No comments:

Post a Comment