Sunday 22 April 2012

BUSY WEEKEND AND INFO OF NEW ZEALAND ANCESTRY

Hi, I have had a busy weekend, starting Friday. My son and daughter in law came down from Durham, they are now back in the UK after their trip to New Zealand. I have been sorting through loads of old photos, I have literally hundreds and have been meaning to sort them out for ages. On Friday we went to Ikea to buy a large container to accommodate all the albums. I have managed to sort through quite a lot but still have many more to sort through. On Saturday we went to a steam event in Llangollen where we saw Tornado! I will put photos on blog later in the week. After viewing some of the trains, old cars, model railways etc we had to get back to Chester for the football match which Chester actually won which takes them up in the League! After the match we went for a chinese meal in Parkgate which is where Emma Hamilton was born (Lord Nelson's mistress!),
Today my son found quite a lot of information out about an ancestor of mine who emigrated to New Zealand in 1842. (Thomas Maddock). He travelled from Gravesend to New Zealand on the sailing ship Sir Charles Forbes - setting sail on 1 May 1842 and arriving 22 August 1842. Apparently there is a place in New Zealand named after him "Maddock Bush". My son found a lot of interesting details on the internet. I will try to contact my relatives there.I have two pictures of him.
Keep visiting - I will put photos on as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Thomas Maddock is my GG Grandfather. I have an intensive Data Base of his NZ ancestors. If you would like to contact me at mag135@hotmail.co.nz
    may be we could exchange info.

    Regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete