Monday 11 March 2013

MORNING HYMN OF PRAISE

The following hymn has been going through my mind over the last week, it has an interesting tune.

Give to me Lord, a thankful heart
and a discerning mind;
give, as I play the Christian's part
the strength to finish what I start
and act on what I find.

When, in the rush of days, my will
is habit-bound and slow,
help me to keep in vision still
what love and power and peace can fill
a life that trust in you.

By your divine and urgent claim,
and by your human face,
kindle our sinking hearts to flame,
and as you teach the world your name
let it become your place.

Jesus, with all your Church I long
to see your kingdom come
show me your way of righting wrong
and turning sorrow into song
until you bring me home.

(Thomas Caryl Micklem 1925-2003)
Singing the Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment