Tuesday 5 March 2013

MORNING HYMN - FILL THOU MY LIFE

I found myself singing this old hymn this morning - not often sung these days but still relevant

Fill Thou my life, O Lord my God,
In every part with praise,
That my whole being may proclaim
Thy being and Thy ways.

Not for the lip of praise alone,
Nor e-en the praising heart,
I ask but for a life made up
Of praise in every part.

Praise in the common things of life,
Its goings out and in;
Praise in each duty and each deed,
However small and mean.

Fill every part of me with praise;
Let all my being speak
Of Thee and of Thy love, O Lord,
Poor though I be and weak.

So shall Thou, Lord, from me e'en me,
Receive the glory due;
And so shall I begin on earth
The song for ever new.

So shall no part of day or night,
From sacredness be free;
But all my life, in every step.
Be fellowship with Thee

(Horatius Bonar - 1808-89)

No comments:

Post a Comment