Thursday 30 May 2013

MORNING HYMN - ONE MORE STEP ALONG THE WORLD

Hi, have you missed the morning hymns and meditations? When I opened my hymn book this morning it fell open on the following hymn which I hope you like and may be some of you know.  The theme of my blog is Journeying. I believe that we are all on a journey of life, where is your journey taking you? As a Christian I always have a companion with me - I believe Jesus walks with me every step of the way

One more step along the world I go;
one more step along the world I go;
from the old things to the new
keep me travelling along with you;

 (refrain)  and it's from the old I travel to the new;
keep me travelling along with you.

Round the corners of the world I turn,
more and more about the world I learn;
all the new things that I see
you'll be looking at along with me.

As I travel through the bad and good,
keep me travellling the way I should,
where I see no way to go
you'll be telling me the way I know.

Give me courage when the world is rough,
keep me loving though the world is tough;
leap and sing in all I do,
keep me travelling along with you.

You are older than the world can be,
you are younger than the life in me;
ever old and ever new,
keep me travelling along with you.

Sydney Carter - from Singing the Faith hymn book


 

No comments:

Post a Comment